02 Jan Wintel Techincal Security Uplift Specialist
Our Federal Government client is seeking an experienced and proven Windows and Active Directory Technical Specialist to perform and assist security remediation and uplift activities for external partners. The position will involve working directly with Partners to implement recommendations generated by security assessments.
Responsibilities will include the design and implementation of technical security recommendations for Windows endpoints, servers, directory services (Active Directory and Azure Active Directory), and Exchange. Environment hardening through common tools including Group Policy, InTune, SCCM, O365.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in designing practical solutions from security principles and guidelines, Windows system administration, securing Windows environments, and excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Experience implementing the Essential Eight security controls will be highly regarded.
You will also be self-motivated, able to work under minimal supervision, manage and direct technical resources, and have the experience to communicate with stakeholders of all levels confidently.
- Experience in Windows system administration and/or security remediation activities for Windows environments.
- Experience in design, administration, and hardening of Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory.
- Experience implementing information security practices in complex environments
- Ability to identify and address efficiency opportunities and problems for different stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate complex security concepts to a broad and diverse audience.
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- Experience implementing Essential Eight security controls will be highly regarded.
- Experience with vulnerability management tools.
- Experience delivering security remediation activities in large and complex corporate environments will be highly regarded.
- Experience (or understanding) of non-standard corporate network environments. For example, environments that contain OT equipment, medical devices, IoT devices, or specialised equipment.