20 Nov (AO6) Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer
Are you passionate about making a difference and driving excellence in procurement and contract management? Our State Government client is on the lookout for an experienced professional to join their team as a AO6 Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer on an initial 9 month contract.
Your Role: As the Senior Procurement and Contracts Officer, you will be at the forefront of procurement activities, providing expert advice and leading the delivery of initiatives aligned with category management activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing procurement activities to ensure best practice, including expert advice on specifications, evaluating offers, contract management, supply market analysis, and other general procurement activities.
- Leading by example in delivering highly complex and/or sensitive procurement services in line with whole-of-government procurement strategy and governance frameworks.
- Providing assistance in the development of and supporting procurement services strategy, governance frameworks, and plans aligned with strategic outcomes defined by the department and/or government.
- Managing contracts through the post-award lifecycle as the single point of contact for suppliers on all contract matters.
- Establishing and maintaining operational practices for monitoring, reporting, and strategy identification of contract performance and compliance at agency-wide, category, and whole-of-Government perspectives.
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand their “local/operational” requirements and recommending convincing solutions that support whole-of-Government and agency-aligned goals.
- Assisting in building the procurement capability of staff by developing the knowledge and skills of team members and key stakeholders.
About You: To thrive in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in procurement and contract management, probity, governance, monitoring, and reporting activities with professionalism and a high level of integrity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding and supporting departmental strategic frameworks and applying them to new or existing initiatives.
- Effective negotiation, influencing, and professional written and oral communication skills to confidently articulate messages and achieve organizational outcomes.
- Establishing and managing the ongoing development of productive working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, and team members.
Desirable Experience: While not mandatory, it is highly desirable that you have:
- Proficiency in the creation of requisitions or purchase orders in SAP R/3 4.6c.
- Experience with ServiceNow or a similar ITIL-based ITSM tool.
- Proficiency in OpenWindows contract management (QContracts experience preferred).
Interested in hearing more? Please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply direct via the job ad.