20 Nov Technical Data Analyst (Data Migration)
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to provide high quality data analysis, mapping and ETL programs to a Queensland Government project.
The position will be required to engage and work closely with a range of stakeholders and senior Data Analysts to implement Data Migration Requirements. The position will play a critical role in implementing Extract, Transform and Loading solutions as well as cleansing, viewing and ultimately reporting.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the capacity to work within a multi-specialist team and deliver to tight timeframes and deadlines (and rapidly changing priorities).
- Participate in data mapping against an ICT solution and identify the delivery of data sets to support Product delivery.
- Work with Data Analysts to understand business needs and processes to identify, analyse and document detailed data requirements.
- Develop data extract, transformation, load, reconciliation/validation and other data migration related scripts. This includes structured and non-structured data.
- Tune poorly performing ETL scripts and views.
- Interpreting Data Models to develop ETL frameworks and sequences.
- Work with development teams and other skilled analysts to validate functionality against the data requirements.
- Manage the delivery of work to a schedule and assist in the setting and managing of expectations.
- Use high level communication skills to negotiate, establish, and maintain networks and working relationships.
- Apply standardised templates, methodologies and processes for data analysis and build activities.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of staff at all levels.
- Contribute to business integration, change management, and testing activities
- Actively manage a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety, and ethical behaviour.
The applicant must demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in data migration, data quality reporting and Data Reconciliation/Validations
- ETL experience using Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Platform, specifically Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions and the implementation of generic pipelines.
- Ability to write and tune complex SQL scripts, queries, and stored procedures to extract, transform and load data.
- Experience building/enhancing meta-data Driven Data Migration Frameworks.
- Understanding and experience working with applications that utilise complex relational architecture.
- Experience working within a large, complex multi-disciplinary organisation.
- High level of written communication and documentation skills.
- Proven effective communication and stakeholder engagement skills and experience.
- Proven ability to manage a large workload whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Experience in developing complex reports, including consideration of complex business rules and data architecture.
- Experience with Kingswaysoft and Databricks.
- Knowledge and understanding of the public sector Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Environment.
- See projects through to completion, monitoring project progress and adjusting plans as required.
- Take personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work. Demonstrate initiative and proactively steps in and does what is required. Commits energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues.
- Experience in agile projects methodology.
- Produce data extract, transformation, load, reconciliation/validation and other data migration related scripts.
- Provide assistance to Data Analysts to produce:
- Data Mapping
- Data Transformation Rules
- Data Migration Framework
- Data Migration ETL Scripts
- Data Quality Reporting Framework
- Data Reconciliation and Validation Reports
- Data Migration Reports after each end-to-end migration.
- Document and implement work package activities
- Assist stakeholders with User Acceptance Testing