23 Oct EL1 GRC Cyber Security Specialist
e2 Cyber is proud to partner with a Federal Government Agency working to help improve the lives of people living with disabilities and needing support to achieve their potential. The organisation has been operating since July 2013 and since inception, are now supporting over 500 thousand people in Australia and their families. The role they play for the Australian society is pivotal much like their internal ICT and Security which is where the need for a EL1 Cyber Security Specialist (GRC) has come from. They have an internal cyber team that work on both project and operational security tasks to protect and help improve the lives of their clients and their internal work force. As cyber security evolves, the agency is willing to adjust as required and action cyber advancements quickly and in line with industry standards.
The role for an EL1 Cyber Security Specialist comes off the back of the agencies investment to improve their cyber capability. This particular role will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across wide-ranging activities of substantial depth involving significant detail. You will provide leadership, control, planning, resource management and performance management.
You will have a small team and will lead and conduct audit, assurance and governance-based activities and assessing risk from external connections.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years within the GRC space
- Previously been in a leadership position, with direct reports into you
- Have formal study experience (CIT/TAFE/University or other recognised training company)
- Extensive knowledge of ISM and PSPF manuals
- Experience with Australian Government governance concepts
- Knowledge of technology is desirable – cloud/networks particularly
- Be an Australian Citizen and willing to gain an AGSVA clearance
This organisation has a fast-paced environment that pushes people to do their best in all respects. You will have support close by and also be backed to rely on your skills and experience so you can deliver what is required to be successful. They have a tight knit security team who are all very passionate about security and stay up to date with the industry. People who work with this agency have a passion towards helping people and believe in the purpose of the organisation deeply which resonates in their behaviours.
You will work with a very talented bunch of people and gain great experience and exposure to security within the Federal Government sector. Other benefits are:
- Ability to gain a security clearance (NV1)
- Apply your study and learnings to a real-world environment
- Work within the Federal Government industry and contribute to the Australian Society
- Learn from some highly sought after mentors
- Supportive and genuine team, open door environment
- Career growth and pathway
- Flexible working from home – 3 days on site, 2 days work from home
- Location: Open to all states
To apply and be considered for this role, please apply through the link in this add and share a current resume/CV for review. If suitable, you will be contacted for an initial screening and for us to share more information with you.