18 Oct Service Reliability Lead/Major Incident Manager
Emanate Technology has been engaged by a private sector client seeking a Operational ITSM Specialist / Major Incident Manager.
About the role:
As the Operational ITSM Specialist, you will drive activities to maintain the reliability of the environment and support a culture of operational excellence, whilst performing the role of Major Incident Manager in on an on-call basis. You will deliver in a performance-oriented culture driven by positive team dynamics and create measurable value for our customers by delivering high quality services. The role will focus on supporting the resolution of high priority incidents, proactive incident prevention, emergency change coordination, event management, environment monitoring and problem management through;
- Strong collaboration in a multi-vendor complex environment.
- Timely detection, investigation, remediation, and reporting of priority technology incidents.
- Taking measures to be resilient against technology incidents and minimise repeats through effective problem management methods and controls.
- Support our change management process and maintain an appropriate risk culture, while facilitating fast and reliable technology change by thinking about the customer.
You will work closely with key stakeholders across the organisation to achieve our objective of re-imagining service delivery and providing laser-like focus on all three fronts; resilience, reliability, and innovation. You will seamlessly balance the reliability and resilience of our services whilst supporting emerging technology trends and transformational initiatives with a focus on digital and data.
This position will suit those with an operations management or senior technical background who are looking to make the change into a leadership / operational role.
- Strong people leadership and proven ability to foster strong collaboration and sense of belonging within a geographically distributed team
- A career in modern technology operations, major incident management, and service reliability
- Experience in regulatory and executive reporting, and familiarity in unlocking insights through unified analytics and AI, enabling better data-driven decisions
- Experience in reducing the impact of priority incidents and providing efficient resolutions
- Experience identifying control gaps and implementing governance controls
- Experience creating measurable value for customers through seamless digital experiences, faster delivery, and sustainable change
- Strong commercial mindset, pragmatic, motivated and passionate for modern practices such as Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), AIOps and discovering smarter ways of delivering automated services eliminating toil
- Solid experience in IT Service Management and Operations as a Senior Leader
- Working knowledge of on premise infrastructure technologies and ServiceNow
- 5+ Years ITSM experience including previous experience in Incident Management
- Broad practical experience across Change Enablement, Problem and Event Management
- Familiarity with ITIL processes and certification in ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation
- Strong knowledge of ServiceNow
- Experience of Cloud Infra & Networking technologies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical team stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to quality.
- Continual improvement mindset.
For these roles we will consider short term contracts 3-6 months with a view to extend or full time permanent appointments. The successful candidates will need a minimum NV1 security clearance, be happy working onsite from either Civic, Canberra or Scoresby, Melbourne and be happy with on call requirements, as required.