27 Sep Infrastructure Lead
About the business
At the forefront of innovation in the heating, cooling, and air quality industry, our award winning client has pushed the boundaries of technology to create sustainable and efficient climate control solutions for homes and commercial spaces.
About the role
Emanate Technology are looking for experienced Infastructure Lead that will be responsible for the support and maintenance of the companies infrastructure. This role is accountable for the management of all relevant systems whether they are data, telephony or applications. This position is familiar with virtualised environments including security, applications availability, support and building new environments. The role is also accountable for ensuring that systems are adequately backed up and that they can be restored as needed, to be tested in line with Essential Eight guidelines. The position has to work with in house IT resources, staff from across the organisation and with vendors to complete help desk and project tasks.
- Infrastructure administration, both on and off premise across the company.
- Manage on premises and hosted server environments to ensure they remain available, inclusive of telephony
- Backups checked, confirmed working and tape rotation managed.
- Test restores of major backup activities to ensure that data can be recovered in line with Essential Eight (E8) guidelines, including the maintenance of disaster recovery facility.
- Build, extend or remove server environments as needed
- The servers are patched as needed in line with E8.
- The hardware is maintained and within warranty with risk assessment.
- Firmware is current and up to date based on best practices and agreement with Head of IT.
- LAN performance and redundancy is optimized with security between VLAN’s.
- Cyber Security
- Implement necessary cyber security controls, monitors, awareness and response capabilities to protect continuity of operational assets and data assets.
- Ongoing review and monitoring of appropriate security of IT systems, including the communication of policy and controls.
- Review and oversight of technology Disaster Recovery plans (DRP) and Business Continuity plans (BCP).
- Implementation of E8 guidelines in line with agreed maturity level with the Digital and Cyber Security subcommittee.
- Communicate with industry leaders and partner organisations to implement best practices and kept abreast of industry trends.
- General support tasks
- Help with desktop infrastructure setup, if required
- Assist Help Desk with escalated calls, as required
- Involved in projects and complete tasks as per schedule
- Mentor junior IT technical staff as required.
- Work with the Head of IT to define the future business support model for IT
- Work with vendors to manage and maintain the telecommunications nationally and internationally. Including SD-WAN (Internet, MPLS, 4G) and telephony (SIP).
- Ensure that network security and redundancy is maintained and any issues either raised or addressed.
- Maintenance of SSL-VPN connectivity for remote staff connectivity.
- Project Lead/Risk Assessment/Efficiency
- Act as project lead for relevant projects assigned to the role
- Complete uplift projects in line with Essential Eight maturity and Industry 4.0 efficiencies.
- Provide recommendations to the Head of IT for proactive measures and goals; recommend changes due to risk, cost and/or performance.
Core Skills required
- A thorough, practical knowledge of desktop technology which includes PCs, laptops, mobile phones, desk IP phones and related equipment
- Thorough understanding of cyber security and its principles such as Essential Eight/NIST.
- Experience working with servers and networking equipment. HP, Cisco, Fortinet, Dell (compute and storage)
- Experience with cloud-based software/environments. Office 365, AWS and Azure.
- Experience with backup software. Veeam, Veritas Backup Exec.
- Manufacturing environment desirable.
- Qualifications in Microsoft and/or VMWare products preferred
- Certification in Cyber Security.
- Qualifications in Office 365 cloud hosted environments preferred
With an office located in the heart of the factory environment, travel throughout the facility with the ability to work from home in a hybrid model with also be required. The successful candidate must follow the safety guidelines for each area they work in. Some travel to other sites is expected, these will be local, but in some cases interstate travel could be needed.