05 Sep Records Management Officer
Emanate Technology has been engaged by a government department seeking an APS5 equivalent contractor to undertake the role of Records Management Officer.
About the role:
This role’s main responsibility will be to undertake business-as-usual records management activities and to support staff in their recordkeeping activities.
They will also be responsible for ensuring appropriate lifecycle management of the clients records and information assets as per Australian Government legislative requirements and National Archives of Australia policies and internal client’s governance.
The Records Management Officer position will support the clients Records Manager in undertaking information and records management capability improvements such as Content Manager upgrade and investigations and implementation of other records management solutions, and other activities as required.
- At least two years’ experience in records management in accordance with legislative and governance requirements. This includes managing both digital and physical records throughout their lifecycle.
- Direct and recent experience in recordkeeping using Content Manager (Electronic Document and Records Management System – EDRMS).
- Ability to support staff through helpdesk services and training, including providing advice and assistance on: • records management policies, procedures, and compliance; and • use of Content Manager/other EDRMSs.
- Experience in development and management of records management policies, guidelines, processes.
- Experience in undertaking required digitisation and sentencing of digital and physical records in accordance with recordkeeping legislation.
Security clearance: Must have Baseline.