04 Sep Software Engineer – Java
Java Software Engineer
About the business
This Emanate Client specialises in building advanced software solutions for public security, safety and law enforcement.
2 new software roles have opened up to join this cutting edge software team, where everyone contributes directly to the end solutions.
Office located within the Lot Fourteen innovation precinct in Adelaide’s CBD – a unique environment where a community of like minded IT engineer’s and tech innovators collaborate and network each day.
About the role
Emanate are looking for experienced full-stack Java developers to design, develop and deliver modern products and solutions in an Agile CI/CD framework.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing and implementing quality software that meets customer requirements with a high level of security under pinned.
- Working collaboratively on building back-end web services and designing front-end user interfaces.
- Designing, planning and trialling technologies and architectural approaches to solve technical problems in a disciplined manner.
- Writing unit, system, and integration tests for various software components; and
- Contributing to automation and deployment of software (DevOps).
Given the nature of the work and need for Government security clearances, we require Australian citizenship. Applicants with existing or prior Australian Government clearances will be highly regarded.
Core Skills required
- Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience
- Experienced in an Agile development environment
- proficiency in Java with prior working experience.
- Front-end experience with TypeScript and React.js
- Experience with containerisation, virtualisation
- Ability to do peer reviews and Test code
- Experience with relational databases, data storage technologies and Elasticsearch.
Benefits and work environment
Located next to the Botanic Gardens within the revitalised Lot Fourteen precinct, you will be working alongside a range of interesting companies at the forefront of their industries. Lot Fourteen offers a great range of amenities and benefits including secure bike storage, end of trip facilities, well-equipped kitchens and lounges, free coffee, snacks, Friday drinks and community networking and training events. There’s access to bus and tram services right on our doorstep, and discounted city parking when needed.
Flexible working arrangements.
Make a real difference in the community, and to contribute directly in delivering meaningful solutions to our customers.