28 Aug Radio Engineering Expert
- Up to $894.38 per day + Super
- 12 Month Contract
- Flexible WFH options | Brisbane CBD
We are working alongside a large State Government organisation based in Brisbane who are looking for a Radio Engineering expert to join their Brisbane arm of the business.
About the role:
The role The Government Wireless Network (GWN) is a mission critical voice and narrowband-data digital network that provides secure radio communications to meet the operational requirements of Police, Fire and Ambulance within the Southeast Queensland region.
The GWN is the one of largest deployment of Project 25 Phase 2 technology in the world, with approximately 180 radio transmission sites, 24×7 Network Operations Centre and Service Desk, 15 Public Safety Agency Communication Centres, approximately 20,000 portable and mobile radios, and services more than 17,500 frontline Police, Fire and Ambulance services personnel in Southeast Queensland.
The GWN Radio Engineering Expert is a subject matter expert and a leader within the GWN Contract Directorate and has responsibilities across the complete remit of functions performed and services provided by the GWN Contract Directorate. The GWN Radio Engineering Expert will bridge the gap between technical and non-technical functions to ensure highest levels of service is provided to GWN agencies.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the radio engineering functions on behalf of the State under the GWN Services Agreement.
- Provide technical and non-technical advice to the GWN contract director, GWN agencies, executives, and stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on the operations of the GWN and undertake the Spectrum Manager function including managing ACMA invoicing.
- Provide strategic leadership to the GWN Contract Director, GWN Contract Directorate team and all GWN stakeholders.
- Monitor industry developments and trends around the world to ensure that the strategic direction of the GWN aligns with industry direction.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute GWN technical policies, standards, guidelines and reference material.
- Develop and lead stakeholder relationships ensuring an understanding of radio network technology, service management and best industry practice.
What we are looking for
- An Australian recognised (IEAust) Engineering Degree in Telecommunications, or related, with 10 or more years’ experience in a radio engineering role in a large radio network operator, telecommunications carrier, vendor, defence, regulator, or telecommunications specific consultancy firm environment would be highly advantageous.
- Extensive work experience in the radio engineering field including the ability to analyse complex radio spectrum and technical issues.
- Advanced skill in building and sustaining working relationships with team members and stakeholders, and strategic relationships with senior executives and vendors.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW! Or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org!