17 Aug Power BI Developer
Emanate Technology is partnering with a mid-sized Government Department, currently in the midst of a major ICT transformation that is budgeted for the next 7 years. The Department is currently seeking an experienced Report Developer (Power BI) to join their Data visualisation team in primarily focusing on improvements to existing Power BI reports as well as the development of new reports utilising both on prem and cloud platforms. In this role, the Power BI Developer would be responsible for the, creation and support for dashboards and reports, performing certain data analysis as necessary, data/dimensional modelling, documentation of all development aspects, quality assurance of own work as well as peers and research and investigation of contemporary report development and the adoption as needed in the development of Power BI reports.
- Contract till June 30 2024 with 12-month extension
- Canberra based role
- Baseline clearance mandatory, need ability to obtain NV1
To be successful in this role, a prior experience in the following would be required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Power BI report development with Reporting Services and Cloud Services versions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of MS Sequel Server (including Analysis Server) database management and querying.
- Experience in gathering business requirements and developing dashboards and reports in Power BI.
- Experience in developing SSIS packages to orchestrate and transform data movements.
- Understanding of project delivery methodologies as evidenced by demonstrable project experience.
- Experience in database and data warehouse construction using the Microsoft suite of development tools for on-prem and cloud, for example SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Factory, etc.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of, or experience in, Azure Devops for user story management, code repository and deployments management.
- An ability to provide verbal and written updates to relevant stakeholders as required.
- Sound experience and working knowledge of the following: DAX coding, Power Query ,Visual Studio, Data Visualisation (chart usage theory and practice), Data modelling within Power BI, Dimensional modelling, Report development documentation.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please click Apply with your latest CV.