18 Aug Head of Software Delivery
About the Business
Emanate Technology Adelaide has partnered with a leading global defence organisation who is seeking a Software Delivery Leader to join the team on a permanent basis in Adelaide. They are a major player in the defence sector and hold significant defence projects. Additionally, they offer a state-of-the-art product utilised across military, government, and private sectors.
The Head of Software Delivery – is responsible for:
People: Understand organisational engineering discipline resource requirements; assesses and develops individuals and participates in selection of candidates. The HOSD identifies the future competency needs of the business in line with company strategy and assists in putting these competencies in place.
Processes and Methods: ensures there are a set of business processes and required competencies across the disciplines that comply with company policy and reflect best practice. The HOSD supports the execution of the relevant business processes and competency frameworks across the organisation to ensure consistent and/or appropriate application in accordance with company policy. The HOSD provides knowledge leadership for process improvement by actively maintaining awareness of defence and industry trends within the discipline and leading deployment of improvements across the company; and
Practice: Participates in discipline related project reviews; ensures appropriate review & approval of discipline plans, work elements and estimates; provides discipline support to the lines of business as requested.
- Support the Chief Engineer (CE) in ensuring adherence to our client’s Engineering Policy and work as part of a team (including the CE and other Heads of Discipline) to ensure the engineering capability is fit for purpose.
- Assist in the transition of business goals into required technical competencies within the discipline area and monitoring resource forward forecast to ensure gaps are filled.
- Assist in the recruitment, development, placement and succession planning of staff within the discipline area to satisfy required competencies.
- Maintain the relevant discipline competency framework and coordinate (prioritisation and facilitation) completion of competency assessments within the discipline.
- Define and maintain the core process and methods for application within the discipline area and provide guidance on the application and tailoring by projects.
- Guide the selection and deployment of common business tools to satisfy the processes and methods within the discipline area.
- Provide governance over the application of discipline related activities including reviewing and approving discipline related plans and process assets for use in projects, tenders and other business activities.
- Provide a focus for coaching and mentoring within the discipline area including an emphasis on succession planning
- Provide value adding ‘consultant’ services to projects where there are issues or discipline support, and guidance is required.
- Provide a focus for staff practising within the disciplines for performance, training, and career development.
- Lead the improvement of the disciplines capability in the company by determining how the strategic business direction influences the company future needs in the disciplines.
- Comply with legislation and company policies, processes, and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system.
- Acknowledged expert in the relevant discipline with recognised broad-based experience. Sufficiently skilled to meet the skill and competence requirements of the relevant Australian professional certification body.
- An understanding of the full software/systems engineering life cycle and common guiding standards
- Experience in large scale projects involving multi-disciplinary engineering teams and execution of discipline related activities.
- Significant supervisory experience including the conduct of performance reviews.
- A 4-year degree or otherwise supporting eligibility for CPEng.
- Organisational experience in Engineering related continuous process improvement.
- Involvement in development or implementation of training solutions related to the relevant engineering discipline.
- Strong business acumen developed within a complex engineering operating environment.
- Experience of all stages of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle in all sizes of projects
- Experience with organisational change management
- Current Security Clearance – NV Level 1
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to influence, develop and promote change.
- Good understanding of the Management System and its application
- Detailed understanding of the company’s obligations in terms of industry standards and expectations
- Good understanding of the company’s products and technology base
- Broad understanding of technology, technology trends and technology business models
- Highly effective personal time management to enable effective role sharing.
Given the nature of the work and need for Government security clearances, we require Australian citizenship. Applicants with existing or prior Australian Government clearances will be highly regarded.