21 Jul System Security Architect
A leading global defence organization is seeking a skilled individual for a permanent position in Adelaide. They are a major player in the defence sector and hold significant defence projects. Additionally, they offer a state-of-the-art product utilized across military, government, and private sectors.
In this role you will develop and deliver cutting-edge Combat Management Solutions to international customers. You will work closely with the Team Lead to promote System Security Engineering and adoption of best practices. You will be the SME responsible for developing and defining Security Architecture, alongside establishing, and maintaining the Security Architecture Roadmap.
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining Systems Security Architecture
- Creating and maintaining the Security Architecture Roadmap.
- Defining and documenting System Security architectural design patterns.
- Providing security advice and input into system architecture decisions and designs.
- Identifying, assessing, and implementing System Security controls and functionality
- Supporting the development of security input for Systems artifacts.
- Assisting in requirements analysis and system design activities to integrate appropriate security controls and minimize risks based on allocated security threats.
- Collaborating with the Program and Product Groups to define security controls, address issues/risks, and ensure alignment with stakeholder expectations regarding system security.
- Providing input and reviewing the development of system tests and analysis to verify system security controls.
- Participating in Cyber-worthiness Working Groups at the Enterprise levels.
- Developing and delivering Systems Security related material to support mandatory system reviews.
- Managing changes to the System Security Architecture baseline.
- Complying with legislation and Company policies, processes, and instructions.
- Performing other duties as assigned. Participating in Cyber-worthiness Working Groups at the Enterprise levels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Qualifications in systems/software engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security architecture principles, system security functionality, and system hardening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICT technologies, including routing, switching, operating system hardening, intrusion detection and prevention, security logging, server and storage infrastructure, virtualization/containerization, network protocols, and Linux-based technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying cyber security processes, standards, methodologies, and approaches throughout the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and build strong relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge and experience across various information security domains and technologies.
- Familiarity with security standards and frameworks.
- Understanding of the latest trends and developments in threats and information security technology.
- Proven ability to think critically, identify risks, and develop appropriate options for integrated security controls.
- Experience with security engineering standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO27001, Australian Government ISM, Protective Security Policy Framework, NIST, etc.).
- Cyber security related certification (CISSP, CISM, GIAC, etc.).
- Experience or understanding of engineering in a Defence Regulatory environment or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to support technical reviews, planning, estimation, and change control.
- Familiarity with several development/support environments and tools used in systems engineering tasks.
- Awareness of commercial and military standards used in the development of maritime C4ISR systems.
- Customer/outcome focused.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks, technologies, and processes and seek assistance when needed.
- Effective time management skills
- Provide mentoring to the wider team
- Commitment to continual learning and development, in alignment with the company’s performance development framework.
Security Clearance Requirement:
NV1 or NV2 Security Clearance – Must be active