21 Jul Cyber Security Engineer
A leading global defence organization is seeking a skilled individual for a permanent position in Adelaide. They are a major player in the defence sector and hold significant defence projects. Additionally, they offer a state-of-the-art product utilized across military, government, and private sectors.
- Developing security artifacts, including, System Security Plan, System Overview Document, Statement of Applicability
- System Security Assessment Reporting
- Supporting requirements analysis and system design
- Performing threat assessments on the development environment in line with security guidelines to introduce appropriate security controls.
- Collaborating with projects and engineering, providing ongoing design assurance, to define security controls, resolve issues/risks, meeting Project and Customer expectations towards development regarding security.
- As an SME, coordinate systems security engineering activities with other engineering teams
- Regular meetings and artifact reviews to ensure an in-depth understanding of security controls and the progress/alignment of technical solutions.
- Providing input and reviewing the development of system tests and analysis to verify system security controls.
- Participating in cyber worthiness groups with internal and external stakeholders at the Enterprise levels.
- Developing and delivering security-related material to support mandatory system reviews for various projects.
- Specifying and managing changes to the Systems Safety Assessment baseline.
- Complying with applicable legislation and company policies, processes, and instructions.
- Tertiary qualifications in systems/software engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
- Strong knowledge of system engineering processes, standards, methodologies, and approaches.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with networking protocols, security standards, and frameworks.
- An understanding of current trends and developments in threats and information security.
- Strong critical thinking skills whilst also applying analytical skills to develop appropriate options for integrated security controls.
- Experience with security engineering standards and frameworks (ISO27001, SABSA, PSPF, NIST, etc).
- CISSP or related certifications.
- Demonstrated track record supporting technical reviews, planning, estimation, and change control engineering tasks.
- Familiarity with development/support environments and tools used in systems engineering tasks.
- Awareness of relevant industry standards.
- Customer/outcome focused.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks, technologies, and processes, seeking assistance when required.
- Effective time management managing multiple duties/tasks effectively
- Collaborative working with the wider team
- Willingness to undertake continual learning and development in alignment with the company’s performance development framework.
Security Clearance Requirement:
NV1 or NV2 Security Clearance – Must be active