10 Jul Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
Emanate Technology are partnering with the Queensland Government Insurance Fund (QGIF) in their search for a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst.
Queensland Government Insurance Fund (QGIF) is a self-insurance scheme for Government risks. QGIF is an internally funding arrangement with a structure like that of a commercial insurance operation and provides services which identify liabilities on a whole-of-Government basis to ensure the establishment of adequate provisioning to fund claim payments. QGIF also assists Government agencies to manage their property and liability insurance risks more effectively and enables Treasury to identify catastrophe risks at a whole-of-Government level.
The Principal Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate systems and capabilities to drive data collation, analysis, interpretation and reporting to support the QGIF’s business strategy, performance monitoring and decision making. You will be required to use business intelligence tools and analytical techniques to achieve team objectives. This role will contribute to the successful delivery of the Business Intelligence strategy.
The key responsibilities
- Manage the provision of business intelligence solutions that support business performance management and strategic decision making by:Undertaking effective business requirements gathering and data analysis.
- Translating these requirements into data models and business intelligence presentation designs; and
- Applying these models and designs to the business intelligence technical environment to create and deliver business intelligence solutions.
- Design and develop data pipelines and ETL processes on Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse.
- Lead projects to successfully implement and deliver Business Intelligence strategy and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain business intelligence frameworks, to ensure information is delivered in a consistent, timely and authoritative manner.
- Support and maintain the business intelligence technical environment for the Business Intelligence team to meet the reporting and data analysis needs of QGIF.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring, enabling team members to enhance the business intelligence capability.
- Provide accurate and insightful information to assist customers in understanding performance and risk profiles.
- Undertake data quality and integrity analysis of source systems and recommend options for improving or mitigating the impacts to data quality.
- Research, analyse and interpret current and emerging industry trends relating to the support and enhancement of the business intelligence technical environment and solutions.
- Contribute to the performance of the team through active participation in planning, reviewing performance, continuous improvement activities, and by providing support to other teams and less experienced team members.
Success criteria To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate advance skills in the following areas:
- Expert SQL or PySparkSQL development experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python (PySpark library).
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with Azure Data Factory, and Azure Synapse.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Databricks and Pyspark to develop robust ETL pipelines and data transformation processes.
- Strong proficiency in Power BI and DAX to design and optimise data models.
For more information on QGIF and this great opportunity please reach out to Jimmy Downey on 0481 153 606 for a confidential discussion.