30 May Security Analyst
Our client is a well-known legal organisation in Australia with an outstanding reputation. They are committed to delivering exceptional service and operational excellence while prioritising employee experience. With a strong presence in both local and international markets, they work closely with businesses, organisations, and governments.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the IT Operations team as a Security Analyst.
As part of their Information Technology and Knowledge group, the IT Operations team plays a pivotal role in shaping the security and infrastructure strategy of the organisation. In this newly created position, you will focus on IT operations activities and risk management.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the initial point of contact for IT Security Alerts
- Managing the relationship with the SOC, overseeing security audits and compliance activities
- Conducting risk and security assessments for vendors and clients
- Collaborating with the Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) to ensure effective proactive monitoring, investigation, and escalation of security incidents
- Reviewing and recommending updates to security policies and standards, including managing the IT Risk Register
- Assessing new infrastructure and application requirements
- Coordinating regular Security Penetration & Vulnerability Testing
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive security documentation and roadmaps • About you
To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related fields
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in security/systems administration
- Experience with Microsoft security platforms, including Sentinel and Defender, and vulnerability management technologies such as Tenable
- Experience working with large-scale IT Security Operations practices
- Knowledge of security principles, techniques, and understanding of IT security-related technologies (e.g., Endpoint Detection and Response, data encryption, PKI, DLP/IDS)
- Familiarity with standards and frameworks such as NIST and ISO/IEC 27000 series • Knowledge of cloud computing, networking, firewall, and ITSM concepts
- Strong technical competence in Identity and Access Management, including Beyond Trust, AD & Azure AD, federation, and cloud systems
- Experience with AWS and Azure, including an understanding of architecture or SaaS/IaaS/PaaS solutions.
If you feel this role is the next step you would like to take in your career, APPLY NOW!