24 May Software Team Lead
Posted at 13:27h in
About the role:
- This Client of Emanate Technology is a global leader in defence technology, building state-of-the-art defence systems that play a vital role in supporting air and maritime operations as well as emergency response.
- The current project is an upgrade to a large-scale existing product, which involves designing and building a new radio frequency, tracking and communications system.
- There are currently 2 open roles to lead modern Agile development teams
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Lead the software engineering effort of a defence software engineering team of between 6- 8.
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to the project team.
- Lead the estimating and planning of software activities and sprints /epics to be completed during each release.
- Plan the team’s scope of work in regards to the various risks and opportunities, to support the delivery of project milestones.
- Provide guidance, training, mentor and support of the career aspirations and development of the software engineers who report directly to you.
- Develop documentation to support and manage each software delivery throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Use ‘Best Practice’ Software Engineering processes and methods across the project, and identify opportunities to improve the software engineering process
- Key Criteria:
- Ability to lead medium sized Software Engineering teams
- Ability to train and mentor engineers.
- Computer Science or relevant technology degree
- Experience in software engineering – in particular embedded C, C++, Git.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with people of various disciplines and backgrounds
- A strong understanding of the Software Development life cycle
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1)
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances,