21 May Software Developer
Emanate Technology are proud to partner with Foster Moore to bring multiple opportunities for Software Developers to the market. Foster Moore is the technology provider for a key program led by the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”), this is not simply a technology refresh – it is a transformation that encompasses legislative, technology, business process and organisational changes.
This is a career shaping opportunity for experienced Developers to work in agile project teams to deliver quality product installations for clients. Perform as a developer within the SDLC by configuring the product for clients primarily using XML and Groovy. Interact with a wide variety of people and roles including clients, business analysts, developers, testers and project managers to configure and maintain registry applications as outlined in technical design and functional specification documents.
- Configure applications from the product suite using languages, scripts and tools specified by Foster Moore and as outlined in Foster Moore development standards/guidelines.
- Ensure an understanding of the business needs via business requirements, functional specifications and discussions with Business Analysts.
- Offer and or promote alternative technical solutions to business problems.
- Provide accurate estimates for configuration work to the team.
- Produce supporting documentation necessary to ensure delivery or operation of the software.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience working within an agile framework (such as Scrum) with teams of business analysts, testers and developers working iteratively across the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of programming languages such as Java, Groovy, C# or PHP
- Good experience with web application development and knowledge of application servers or containers (JBoss, Websphere, Jetty, Tomcat or IIS)
- Experience with web service implementations – REST and/or SOAP
- Good working knowledge of at least one database (Postgres, Oracle, SQLServer) and solid SQL skills
- Relevant experience with all aspects of the SDLC including source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration/delivery concepts and defect tracking software (e.g. JIRA, TFS, Bugzilla, etc.)
Please note, we are accepting applications from Australian Citizens with an active Baseline Security Clearance OR those with the ability to obtain one.
If you are interested, please contact Emanate Technology Queensland for a confidential discussion.
Ph: 0405 965 866