12 May Wintel Engineer
A federal government Agency responsible for enhancing Australia’s cyber defences and ensuring the security and reliability of essential networks. To support the Australian Government’s efforts, There are multiple Wintel Project Engineers/Implementers to uplift Essential Eight maturity and remediate other vulnerabilities. If you have the expertise and experience in implementing cyber security strategies and technologies, we invite you to apply for this important role.
The role is an initial 12 month contract, with the view to extend a further 24 months.
Security Clearance: Must have Negative Vetting Level 1
- Implement Essential Eight mitigation strategies and uplift cyber hygiene maturity.
- Remediate vulnerabilities within Federal, State, and Territory cyber systems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more of the required technologies, such as vulnerability scanning or system management.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of cyber security measures.
- Collaborate with the team to enhance cyber defences and contribute to overall national security efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical Cyber Security experience (30% weighting).
- Demonstrated experience working with a security focus on enterprise systems (20% weighting).
- Experience with implementing one or more of the Essential Eight Mitigation Strategies (20% weighting).
- Demonstrated experience with scripting or development to automate system administration or vulnerability assessment tasks, or to implement tools for assessing or remediating cyber risk (20% weighting).
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud systems, such as AWS or Azure (10% weighting).
If you feel this role is the next step you would like to take in your career, apply now!