17 Apr DevOps Engineer
Apply your expert knowledge and proven experience to assist our A-Grade client with their Azure implementation.
This position is primarily responsible for managing support for AIHW’s Azure platform and DevOps projects, and is proficient in tools for Azure portal management, source control, continuous integration, Infrastructure as Code, containerisation and team management.
You will have a sound understanding of cloud architecture and services and are responsible for providing expert advice with regards to Azure implementations. This role is a technical, services-orientated role that collaborates closely with architects, developers, and on-premises operations staff. This role is responsible for automating and supporting Azure testing, development, administration, and maintenance.
Automation and Integration Engineers are responsible for scripting/automating tasks wherever possible, continuous delivery, configuration management, and the deployment of modules, upgrades and hot fixes within production environments.
Routine maintenance is an ongoing task, therefore, engineers of this discipline are often the same technicians performing second or third level support on systems and applications. Their primary functions cross and merge the barriers that exist between traditional software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test. This role has experience with Azure DevOps and GitHub.
- Identify and automate manual processes for new systems and products.
- Maintain existing integration and delivery pipelines, ensuring processes are standardised and reused.
- Provide Infrastructure as Code (IaC) support to all development and production environments.
- Maintain, configure and develop dynamic containerised environments in support of development and production. This ranges from greenfield serverless environments to full stack brownfield environments.
- Reduce the time it takes to build, deploy, and configure software to all environments.
- Joint owner of all development and release tooling, processes and architecture.
- Assists in developing application monitoring solutions across cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Work with development and operations teams to offer automation as a service across domains, products and services.
- Document processes and work on handover materials for other IT staff.
Technical Skills (Experience and/or clear understanding)
Application architecture, application lifecycle management (ALM), Azure cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and FaaS), cloud disaster recovery, cloud storage, cloud systems management and operations, cloud migration, compliance (GDPR, Privacy Act, PSPF, ISM, etc.), data migration (cross platform / upgrade), containerisation, container orchestration, resiliency (clustering, etc.), scalability (up and out, high performance), database and server virtualization, DevOps, diagnostics and monitoring, modern application architecture, package management (npm, NuGet, OneGet, etc.), performance tuning, reporting services, desired state configuration, RESTful services, security architecture, security compliance, source code repository (git, TFS, svn, etc.), technology architecture, testing (TDD), unstructured data formats (e.g. JSON, YAML).
Azure DevOps, Docker, GitHub, Virtualisation, Web services, REST, Gateways and Proxies, API Gateways, DNS, CloudFlare, Azure Resource Manager, Application Insights.
Splunk, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker Compose
PowerShell, familiarity with .Net (C#, VB.Net), ARM templates, YAML pipelines.
Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian), Windows
Please note to be considered for this opportunity you must be an Australian citizen as it sits in the federal public sector space. Only applicants from Australian citizens will be considered.