03 Apr Network Engineer
Role Location: VIC or Canberra
Duration: Multiple Contract/Permanent opportunities
Security requirements: Active NV1/NV2 clearance
Emanate Technology is currently working with a leading international ICT consulting business specialising in solving the toughest scientific, technology and engineering problems within the civil, defence, health and intelligence sector.
This private sector company is continuing to expand rapidly and win multi-million dollar programs within Federal government. They pride themselves on delivering modern and innovative solutions to clients, encouraging all their employees to be ambitious and curious, with a drive to achieve impactful change.
An opportunity to join one of a major projects for Defence as a Network Engineer. Based from either Melbourne or Canberra and working within the Engineering team, your role will perform Network Engineering functions including conceptualisation, design, implementation and optimisation. Other duties include:
- Perform network system evaluations, producing design specifications and detailed schematics for network architect;
- Provide in-depth analysis on existing network and server configurations and make recommendations for system enhancements;
- Analyse, develop, enhance, secure and test complex network designs;
- Monitor the performance of network and equipment to ensure high availability and redundancy;
- Troubleshoot network performance issues;
- Analyse network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions;
- Develop and revise network technical documentation; and
- Be the lead technical expert in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, and gateways.
Skills and Experience:
- You are an experienced senior engineer within a complex, regulated environment demonstrating an interest in a broad range of systems, enterprise architecture and interface protocols.
- CCNA (Data Centre or Routing and Switching), VCP and MCSA certifications;
- Solid understanding of modern server hardware; particularly NetApp HCI & Cisco UCS;
- Experience with Storage and Backup; particularly, EMC & NetApp solutions; and
- Experience with Citrix VDI deployments and the integration with McAfee products.
This organisation has listened to market feedback and has invested heavily in the health and wellbeing of staff with company wide internal and external programs to support all Australian staff. These include attractive parental and care leave options, personal study leave and a range of financial benefits.
- Life days – up to 12 additional days of annual leave per annum
- Corporate membership discounts
- Over 120,000 online training courses offered
To apply and be considered for this role, please apply through the link in this advert and share a current resume/CV for review. If suitable, you will be contacted for an initial screening and for us to share more information with you.
0476 806 232