30 Mar Senior Network Engineer
About the Company
A true market leader and arguably Canberra’s greatest tech success story in the last 15 years. A clean and green data centre provider with world class data centre facilities operating across Australia and New Zealand.
Headquartered from the Australian Capital Territory (ACT, Australia) providing state-of-the-art and sovereign hosting facilities to public and private sector organisations throughout ANZ. The business is aligned with the Australian Government’s current and future strategic objectives which provides customers with a safe and secure hosting facility with all its domestic data centre facilities having achieved the ‘Certified Strategic’ accreditation.
As this business continues to grow, they are seeking to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
About the Role
Reporting into the ICT Manager, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of computer networks. These networks typically include an intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN).
- Technical design and implementation of Palo Alto, Cisco and Dell Networking
- Monitoring and configurational tools (PRTG, Zabbix, Observium)
- L2/L3 Switching – Cisco IOS/NX-OS, Dell FTOS, PAN-OS, JunOS, BigSwitch SDN
- Detailed understanding of IP protocols and principals including;
- Routing Protocols (OSPF & BGP)
- VPN Technologies (SSL, IPSec, MPLS) o
- VLAN / VXLAN
- VRRP, HSRP
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, HTTP/S Proxies
- Enterprise Wireless Networks (Aruba, Sophos, Cambium Networks)
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Vendor management (Carriers)
- Maintain all necessary registers, contractual documentation and templates
To be Successful
You will have the following experience:
- Strong documentation and compliance skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on large networks
- Experience and specialist skills in the configuration and maintenance of networking/communications infrastructure, including the ability to support a variety of technologies.
- Industry-related certifications (CCNP, JNCIP etc)
- Mandatory: Australian citizenship and ability to obtain, an NV1 Security Clearance
Benefits for you
- An opportunity to join a business with ambitions to grow the world’s best data centre team.
- Commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace with embedded networks
Please apply directly or for a confidential discussion, please contact Greig Taylor on 0476 806 232 or firstname.lastname@example.org