24 Mar AWS Senior Cloud Engineer
About the Company:
Emanate Technology is partnering with a high-quality business that delivers leading-edge cloud and on-premise software engineering solutions to a number of key public sector and commercial clients:
- Cloud based technologies such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Development automation
- Java and J2EE based solutions
- Mobile Web and Mobile App development
- Rich web clients, including single page apps
About the Role:
The Senior Cloud Engineer responsibilities include:
- Using prior experience with virtualisation, IaaS providers, IT operations/SysOps and development to
- design and build automated provisioning solutions for clients.
- Leading definition of and providing input into automated provisioning, Continuous Integration and
- Continuous Development solutions
- Using strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical experience to design great solutions and
- to help fix issues with existing environments, predominantly Linux/Unix but sometimes others
- Creation of detailed technical design documents including identification of new components and impact analysis to existing systems, if any
- Using tools such as infrastructure orchestration (CloudFormation, OpenStack Heat) and initialisation
- scripts (user data, cloud-init) to automate creation of complex virtual environments
- Integration Testing – creating a test plan, execute the plan, identifying and logging any issues
- Creation of change management procedures and implementation plans including impact to existing
- systems and recommendations of the best way for the client to maximise the use of the new system
- Implementation – Provide support to the implementation as required
- Creation of training plans and training of client DevOps staff where required
All staff are encouraged to undertake further study in conjunction with new technologies, and are
given responsibility for identifying appropriate and reasonable study to undertake. All staff are given
one week formal, external training per year, or other as required.
- You’ll be part of a great team
- Our client understands work/life balance – normal hours of work are a flexible 8 hours
- Up to 12 weeks paid Paternity/Maternity/Adoption Leave per child (on top of normal leave
- 5 days of paid external training per year. In addition, we will pay for costs related to
- certification to approved programs such as AWS and GCP.
- And more….
To apply and be considered for this role, please apply through the link in this add and share a current resume/CV for review. If suitable, you will be contacted for an initial screening and for us to share more information.
To be considered for this role Australian Citizenship is necessary.