10 Mar Product Owner
- QLD State Gov Organisation
- Agile Environment | 6-month contract with likely ext
- CBD location | Hybrid WFH Flexibility
About the Organisation
Our client is an independent statutory authority with a large, scalable workforce. They believe in customers first and challenging the norm, as well as leading, empowering and trusting their people.
About the Position
As the Product Owner, you will be responsible for defining and prioritising the product backlog and guiding the development team towards delivering high-quality products in a timely manner.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders and the development team and be tasked with the following:
- Define and prioritise the product backlog.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that the product backlog is properly refined and estimated, and that the team is aligned on the product vision and goals.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather and prioritise requirements and communicate progress and product changes to stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and direction to the development team, answering questions, and providing feedback throughout the development process.
- Continuously evaluate and optimise the product roadmap, ensuring that it aligns with changing business conditions.
- Manage and communicate product release plans, including coordinating release schedules and ensuring that all necessary documentation and training materials are available.
What we are looking for
To be successful you will have experience working a similar role within large and complex organisations, strong communication and leadership skills, and experience with product management and development tools, such as Jira, Trello, and Confluence. You will have demonstrated experience in delivering systems change and writing software development user stories.
- Long-term. stable contract opportunity within a growing workforce.
- Hybrid WFH flexibility.
- Collaborative and empowering team culture.