23 Feb Network Security Engineer
Emanate Technology are engaged with an intelligence and security focused Federal Government agency looking to expand and build on their ever-growing cyber security atmosphere and capabilities. They are a crucial contributor within Australia’s national security realms and they work across the broader intelligence community to protect Australia.
The Network Security Engineer, will be a part of the largest cyber security investment in this departments history, involving a national uplift of their cyber security technologies, including intelligence, offensive, and defensive cyber securities. They are working to ensure they can identify more cyber threats, and offer optimum security within government to help disrupt attacks, and ultimately build further security and partnerships, to help safeguard Australia. You will use various Cisco systems and hardware, VMWare NSX, F5, and Palo Alto.
You will work to implement and operate network services, systems, and servers including hardware and virtual environments. You will have knowledge in networking concepts, security principals and methods within firewalls, zones, and encryption, experience with network security architecture, configuration of computer components, utilisation of protection components, experience of network management tools to analyse traffic patterns, securing network communication and have the ability to provide feedback on network requirements and recovery procedures.
You must have:
- A proven knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and methodologies
- Experience implementing, maintaining and improving established network processes.
- Previous use of network management tools, to identify traffic patterns and analysing the information collected.
- Proven knowledge of IT security principles and methods including firewalls, demilitarised zones, and encryption
- Ability to provide feedback on network requires, infrastructure, and architecture.
- Ability to configure and make use of computer protection elements across firewalls, servers and routers as required.
- NV1 AGSVA clearance
- Experience testing and maintaining software and hardware devices within the network infrastructure.
- Proven ability to understand network security architecture concepts including componentry, protocols, topology, and principles.
- High attention to detail with good conveying and presenting ability with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on an exciting large-scale projects that impact Australian society.
- Initial 12-month contract + extensions
- $160-175/hr rates pending experience/skills.
- Opportunity to move internally to new programs over time.
- Fast, complex and interesting working environment
Contracting with Emanate offers a wide range of benefits including novated leasing, regular contractor events, a simple and easy electronic timesheet system, employee discount loyalty program, access to 700+ tech training courses at a discounted rate through LUMIFY, and finally a fantastic and personal process, keeping in touch with you and ensuring we can find you the right opportunity.
How to APPLY:
To apply and be considered for this role, please use the link in this ad and share a current resume/CV for review. If suitable, you will be contacted for an initial screening and for us to share more information.
To be considered for this role, the candidate must hold an active NV1 clearance or higher, with current Australian Citizenship.