07 Feb Network Engineer
Emanate Technology is working with a leading Australian Data Centre who pride themselves in delivering a secure, trusted, and dependable services to their customers. They are continuously looking to grow their company, and hold a workplace that is culturally, technologically, and architecturally advanced. Our client’s work locations are extremely futuristic, and highly secure. They have a fantastic reputation with great feedback from their customers and strive to bring a positive outcome to the people they work with. They work with large public and private sector organisations throughout Australian and New Zealand and have achieved Certified Strategic accreditation in line with the Government’s hosting guidelines.
We are seeking a network engineer whose primary responsibilities will be to build, maintain and create network and network infrastructure that is reliable and high performing for day-to-day operations. You will work on various network types including intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN), and you will report directly to the ICT Manager. As required, you will work on various projects within our client’s workplace, and continuously build your knowledge and skillset. Be a part of a highly skilful, motivated and progressive team, who are working towards similar goals and aspirations to achieve greatness.
- Technical design and implementation of Palo Alto, Cisco, and Dell Networking
- Provide expert advice to internal stakeholders
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert and provide guidance
- Monitoring and configurational tools (PRTG, Zabbix, Observium)
- L2/L3 Switching
- Detailed understanding of IP protocols and principals
- VPN Technologies
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, HTTP/S Proxies
- Network Administration and Build (Aruba, CISCO)
- Optical Networking
- Security knowledge – ISM/Networking best practice/GOV frameworks
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Building and maintaining relationships – internal focused
- Documentation of work and SOP’s
- Other duties as required to ensure overall team success
- Specialist skills in configuration and maintenance of networking/communications infrastructure
- You will hold an active NV1 or higher clearance
- Work within a rapidly growing business
- Exposure to new technologies and large projects
- Continuous personal development professionally and personally
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Individual development plans catering for qualification and studies
- Ability to advance career internally
To apply and be considered for this role, please apply through the link in this add and share a current resume/CV for review. If suitable, you will be contacted for an initial screening and for us to share more information.
To be considered for this role, the candidate must hold an active NV1 clearance or higher, with current Australian Citizenship.