27 Jan SOC Analyst
Our client looking for a SOC Analyst that can demonstrate their passion for cyber security working in a team environment.
In this full-time role, you will be pivotal in supporting the Security Operations Centre team with identifying, categorising, and reporting of Cyber security incidents and intrusions, working day-day in the security operations centre providing relevant information on the security operations of customer environments.
Before you hit APPLY! Due to the nature of this work you must be an Australian Citizen eligable for a security clearance if needed.
Salary is dependant on level of experience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Support and monitor the security operations centre capability to detect and respond to cyber security incidents
- Developing processes/procedures, runbooks for security alerts
- Prepare information for cyber security operation reports
- Write technical reports including assessment-based findings and cyber security reports
- Proactively support security controls through continuous process improvement
- Provide support to our clients through project or programme engagements
- Support delivery managers through active engagement with clients through providing security advice and support
- Contribute to enhancing SOC capability through collaboration, education and knowledge sharing
Skills and experience:
- Experience and strong interest of cyber security
- Ideally either worked in a cyber security role, or have various cyber certifications
- Ability to understand and learn cyber security concepts
- Human factor and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable to work under pressure
- Knowledge of IT security controls
Career development and self-improvement:
The cyber security field is highly dynamic and requires committed professionals who seek to continually learn and improve. Our client recognises the importance of self-improvement and invests heavily in its people so they can be the best in their respective disciplines.
Ongoing upskilling and certification opportunities are provided, and study leave can be approved when pursuing additional certifications. Future education requirements will be guided by the current industry and business needs and preference of the successful candidate.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer seeking representation from all areas of the community. We believe a diverse set of people with varied perspectives and backgrounds give us a significant advantage and makes us a great place to work!
They reward hard work, have continuous relationships with large client companies, and manage multiple projects across a range of cyber security backgrounds.