17 Jan Test Analyst
Our client, a mid sized Federal Government Department is currently seeking an experienced Test Analyst to join their ICT section in the delivery of multiple high profile application systems. This role would suit a candidate that is a self starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively under pressure, with a strong attention to detail and a keen interest in problem solving.The test analyst would be working with a specialised ICT project team that works closely with researchers, designers, analysts and developers within a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to the testing effort on the cloud platforms and applications.
The successful test analyst would be highly experienced across manual testing who either has experience working in Automation testing or with sufficient level of knowledge to be able to upskill quickly. The test analyst would be responsible for analysing requirements/acceptance criteria, creating and maintaining manual test suites, test data and test cases within Azure DevOps, understand testing needs and identify opportunities for automated and performance testing, keeping manual test cases up to date based on changes in the products and providing accurate reporting of problems identified during test execution and risks to the team leads/delivery managers,
- 6-month contract with possible 12-month extension
- Canberra based role with flexible working conditions
- Must be able to obtain security clearance, baseline minimum highly desirable
To be successful in this opportunity, the following criteria would be required:
- A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively under pressure, A problem solver with a strong attention to detail, highly flexible and eager to take initiative and take on additional responsibility,
- Demonstrated experience in manual and automation testing experience using Agile delivery and DevOps principles, Demonstrated experience in functional (system, regression, UAT), non-functional (load and performance) and infrastructure testing,
- Demonstrated ability to review and translate business requirements, wireframe designs or acceptance criteria defined in user stories into test cases and timely execution of test plans/cases,
- Demonstrated experience using test management tools to create and manage test plans, test cases, defects and tasks associated with raising and resolving defects (e.g. ALM, Azure DevOps Test Plans),
- Demonstrated experience using test automation tools and practices (e.g., Microsoft Visual Studio, QTP/UFT, AccelQ, Selenium, BDD tools),
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with various stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like further information please click APPLY with your latest resume and one of specialist consultants will get in touch.