24 Nov Database Administrator
Be part of something BIG?
Love working on complex technical problems?
Want to be supported to build skills, career and have fun along the way?
Emanate Technology are currently seeking multiple experienced Database Administrators, this role will report to the capability lead in a matrix organisation, which supports the delivery of a range of complex projects and programs. This is an opportunity to join a Program at the initiation phase.
This highly technical role requires deep troubleshooting of complex technical problems, support to customers and ability to engage with various stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
The right people for a role like this will need and have:
- Experience with troubleshooting technical problems
- Deep knowledge in one or more areas – PostgreSQL, Oracle DB, Ansible, Liquibase
- Amazing communication
- Professional writing skills
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Driven to succeed in all professional aspects
- Produce enterprise database designs and make recommendations for upgrades, designs and implementations;
- Implement and test database upgrades;
- Design and implement data migration activities;
- Perform Level 2 and 3 platform support including management and administration of database products;
- Maintain database design and implementation documentation;
- Implement organisational objectives for database improvement and compliance with industry standards;
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Maintaining currency of the environment, where possible.
- Develops and configures tools to enable automation of database administration tasks.
- Source and analyse relevant subject matter documentation
- Contribute to IT Support process and policy development
- Providing input into policies, procedures, and SOP’s relating to maintenance and management of the operational database infrastructure. Interact with users and technical subject matter experts to ensure delivery is fit for purpose.
- Formal Training programs to help employees prepare for certifications
- Employee Assistance program – Access to mental health support sites, confidential counselling services for employees and families
- Career pathway within the company
- Financial assistance towards healthcare
- Ongoing mentoring and training
- Flexible working arrangements
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity of working with highly technical team members and offered the opportunity to future your career within the technology sector. You will have a flexible working arrangement and will be supported with the required upskilling & guidance to be successful in this role.
If this sounds like you APPLY to find out more!!!!!!!!!!