10 Oct Software System Engineer
Emanate Technology has been tasked by a major defence supplier to find a talented Software Sustem Engineer with a knowledge of Puppet.
The Senior Software System Engineer is responsible for analysis, design, development, and testing of assigned software components leading to product and project deployment.
This position involves the full life cycle of software engineering activities.
What you will be doing:
- Co-ordinating system requirements to software requirements
- Defining system design
- Conducting system tests
- Software deployment & configuration.
- Integration of third party subsystems
What you need:
- Must have experience using Puppet to deploy SOE applications and services, both COTS and custom.
- Experience in delivering system with an Information Assurance and Cyber Security focus
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Experience with a ticketing, bug tracking solution, JIRA, bugtraq, QAComplete or similar.
- RedHat Certified Engineer or RedHat Certified Systems Administrator is desirable
- Extensive RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 or CentOS 7 experience is desirable.
- Experience in Windows 10 administration
- Operational Experience (Upgrades, Patches, Scaling, Infrastructure Planning),
- Core Internet protocols – TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, DNS, IPSEC, TL
- Software Packaging and Repositories – rpm, yum, apt, CPAN, pip etc
- Scripting – bash, python, php, ruby, Powershell. Ruby and Python experience is desirable
- Experience with ESX and VMWare Workstation
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click APPLY. If you would like further information, please call Justin on 0416962423 or contact him at email@example.com