04 Oct Business Analyst
Emanate Technology are proud to partner with Foster Moore to bring the role of Business Analyst to the market. Foster Moore is the technology provider for a key program led by the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”), this is not planned to be simply a technology refresh – it will be a transformation that encompasses legislative, technology, business process and organisational changes.
This is a career shaping opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to be the pivot or intermediary between Foster Moore and their customers to ensure that the product features are well understood and solutions for business/user requirements are documented and delivered by the product. This role will also give you the opportunity to act as a quasi-Scrum Master with the Business Analyst setting the goals of iterations/sprints
- Champion Foster Moore’s product Methodology.
- Meet with or respond to customers’ requests. Review and clarify the customer’s functional requirements to ensure they are sufficient for design or development to commence.
- Analyse existing workflows and processes, create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Develop solution designs that design and document desired outcome of the system enhancement/development.
- Liaise with developers and testers to estimate the size of project to determine the level of up front design required.
- Liaise with Project Managers to confirm estimates.
- Support Development, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the enhancement/development meets the solution design.
- Work as a crucial component of a project team responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 4 years’ experience in an Information Technology Business.
- A tertiary level degree in computer science, engineering or other appropriate discipline.
- A sound technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- An understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated technical specification writing/documentation skills.
- Ability to converse with both end-users and IT employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MS Office Suite knowledge.
- Experience working with JIRA and Trello.
Please note, we are accepting applications from Australian Citizens with an active Baseline Security Clearance OR those with the ability to obtain one.
If you are interested, please contact Emanate Technology Queensland for a confidential discussion.