04 Oct Principal Data Engineer
Principal Data Engineer
Emanate Technology is searching for a Principal Data Engineering Consultant to join one of the largest technology services businesses in Australia.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the expansion of the data & analytics offering for the Queensland practice of this sizable and well-skilled organisation.
Our client’s approach is flexible by design. You will have the autonomy to create your own pathways, solve problems your way, and create amazing solutions.
The Principal Data Engineering Consultant is being sought to further bolster the data team capabilities in Queensland. You will be encouraged to take ownership of QLD customer projects, working on a variety of solutions and with an array of technologies.
Here are just a few of the technologies you’ll be working with:
- Azure Data Factory, Purview and Synapse
- AWS Glue/ LakeFormation
- SQL Server and cloud-based data stores
- Power BI & Tableau
- Azure DevOps and Git
- Google BigQuery
- Python, Jupyter, SQL and PowerShell
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong data engineering experience
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- A strong track record of owning & successfully delivering end-to-end data & analytics projects for medium to large clients
- A knack for listening & being able to dissect our customers’ needs
- An automation-first mindset – CI/CD tooling, scripting and DevOps is in your DNA
- An interest in professional development, both in supporting those around you with your expertise and also developing your own capabilities
- An understanding of Agile methodologies including delivering functionality in vertical slices
- Experience leading & mentoring teams
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Azure Machine Learning
- AWS SageMaker
- AWS ElasticSearch,
- Hadoop and other open-source platforms
This opportunity comes with an extensive list of benefits that rival some of the most forward-thinking companies in the market. A few of the benefits included are primary and secondary parental leave, annual bonus, hardware allowance, and a generous amount of study leave (so you don’t need to use your annual leave to upskill).
On top of these benefits, there is also no formal requirement to work from the office, but popping in occasionally and attending company social catchups is encouraged.
We’re after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit.
This role requires the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people.
To have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please reach out to Jimmy Downey.