21 Sep Principal Cyber Threat Analytics Expert
Emanate Technology are seeking experiecned Cyber Security professionals for a large Government department:
The Cyber Defence Centre (CDC) will delivery cyber security operation services to Queensland Government entities. Its mission is to improve understanding of cyber threats, risks and response opportunities. Its origin commences with the integration of cyber security capability with the Cyber Security Unit and Queensland Government Security Operating Centre (QGSOC) with CITEC. The CDC will deliver the following services to government entities:
- Tracking vulnerability and threat intelligence to ensure rapid response to potential threats by whole Government agencies.
- Leading and coordinating cyber security events and incidents impacting whole of Government level.
- Monitoring and sharing relevant threat intel between trusted partners and Government agencies.
- Contributing to informing and raising security situational awareness amongst agencies on information and communication systems through regular risk intelligence and other reporting mechanisms.
As the Principal Cyber Threat and Analytics Expert, CDC, you will provide technical leadership and work closely with key stakeholders (including agencies, customers, vendors, and technical operational areas) with regards to threat intel and analytics to improve whole of Government cyber defence capabilities.
This position is a position of trust and requires the national security clearance.
This position reports to the Director, CDC.
Key responsibilities As Principal Cyber Threat and Analytics Specialist you will:
- Provide strategic direction and expert advice on cyber threat intel and analytics related domains.
- Manage and lead to operate, maintain and continue to improve the cyber threat intel platform to be used by whole of Government.
- Lead the development and management of specialised projects to improve the threat intel and vulnerability management capabilities for whole of Government.
- Cultivate and maintain productive partnerships across Government to encourage information sharing on identified trends and improve collaboration.
- Analyse and fuse cyber threat event data with all-source intelligence to identify security relevant risks.
- Prepare and disseminate intelligence reports and executive dashboard that provide threat indicators, warnings and situational awareness to predict and prioritise current and emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
- Lead, develop and maintain a common threat profile for whole of Government, including an advanced persistent threat (APT) program.
- Produce analytical reports, briefings, and appropriate metrics for senior management, executives and agencies on cyber threat and vulnerability management that could potentially affect agencies based on industry trends on threats and vulnerabilities.
- Establish ongoing relationship with government agencies, industry bodies and other intelligence sources.
Should you wish to hear more regarding the role please reach out to Caylen Sagala on Caylen@emanatetechnology.com.au or 0423 309 517.