21 Sep Principal Cyber Security Consultant
Emanate Technology are seeking experienced cyber security professionals to assist one of our large government clients.
The role The Cyber Defence Centre (CDC) will delivery cyber security operation services to Queensland Government entities. Its mission is to improve understanding of cyber threats, risks and response opportunities. Its origin commences with the integration of cyber security capability with the Cyber Security Unit and Queensland Government Security Operating Centre (QGSOC) with CITEC. The CDC will deliver the following services to government entities:
- Tracking vulnerability and threat intelligence to ensure rapid response to potential threats by whole Government agencies.
- Leading and coordinating cyber security events and incidents impacting whole of Government level.
- Monitoring and sharing relevant threat intel between trusted partners and Government agencies.
- Contributing to informing and raising security situational awareness amongst agencies on information and communication systems through regular risk intelligence and other reporting mechanisms.
As Principal Cyber Security Consultant, you will provide technical leadership and work closely with key stakeholders (including agencies, customers, vendors, and technical operational areas) to design the cyber security products and solutions through translating technology conditions and business needs into security designs and processes.
This position is a position of trust and requires national security clearance.
The position reports to the Director, CDC
Key responsibilities As Principal Cyber Security Consultant you will:
- Provide strategic direction and expert advice on cyber defence related technologies and products.
- Manage, design and develop cyber security service offerings that help improve whole of Government cyber security posture and mitigate current and emerging security threats.
- Unify and integrate a number of cyber security initiatives used by the security operation centre to provide enhanced threat intel, threat hunting and management capabilities for whole of Government.
- Plan, research and design robust security architecture for any new ICT initiatives within Cyber Defence Centre and ensure that architectures are consistent with organisation’s cyber security architecture guidelines.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture and develop a security risk management plan.
- Lead, drive and operate the whole of Government Cyber Security Centre of Excellence including management of relevant Community of Practices and building a body of knowledge.
- Analyse contemporary cyber issues and continuously seek improvements on systems to support the delivery of the security operations centre function, including developing business cases and cost models for new service offerings.
To hear more about this role, please apply and provide your details and we will reach out to provide more detail.