22 Aug Engineering Lead
Emanate Technology has been engaged by a leading defence supplier looking to continue building their team. The individual we are looking for is highly motivated and able to work flexibly with broad experience across the lifecycle, and interested in managing teams and leading people.
This role is multi-faceted and we’re looking for a unique individual who is able to contribute broadly across the software development lifecycle; DevOps; Data Integration; Release Management; and Software Management.
The individual we are looking for will also be experience in and appreciate the ins and outs of system development methodologies, tools, practices and approaches such that best practices and novel concepts can be thoughtfully devised and experimented with in our endless search for optimal development and delivery performance.
About You and What You’ll Bring:
- A love of all things software and a desire to solve interesting problems through coding;
- Being adaptable to change and pivoting where required;
- Significant hands-on experience in delivering a variety of software solutions;
- Experience in the design and implementation of DevSecOps approaches to software development;
- Being familiar with a range of relevant technologies including but not limited to: Java, NiFi, Ansible, Spring, Python, PostgreSQL;
- Being familiar with a range of relevant technical domains including but not limited to: geospatial technologies; data management; automated build and deployments; cloud technologies;
- Hand-on experience in setting up software development tool-chains including but not limited to configuration management tools, artefact management tools, code quality and security analysis tools, automated testing tools, integrated software development environments, continuous integration tools, collaboration tools, and software and architecture modelling tools.
- Understand and uses appropriate modelling approaches, including logical models of components, modules and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems and software architectures in specific business or functional areas;
- Qualifications in the latest iteration of ITIL is preferred but not essential
- Preferred understanding of ITIL Processes and how Release Management integrates with the other ITIL Processes
- Inquisitive attitude, willing to ask if there is a better way of operating
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve deliverables and positive outcomes
This is a fast growing business currently implementing a range of business improvement initiatives, so you’ll have the chance to see some market leading technologies implemented across the function along with contributing to building further on the progressive work currently being developed.