29 Jul PMO Capability Specialist
Emanate Technology are seeking an experienced PMO capability specialist, working within a government department’s digital business solutions team. This experienced PMO and change practitioner will help deploy the P3M uplift project’s changes into the field; working with the PMO and delivery teams to embed the changes and help drive new capability through the change. Whilst the successful candidate needs to understand and be capable of contributing to the improved P3M frameworks (standards, processes, guides, tools, templates etc) the focus of this role is in working with our stakeholders (Portfolio and Delivery Leads, PM’s etc) to leverage them.
- Deployment and embedding of P3M change (new templates, new risk management framework, new registers, new scheduling standards and so on) across the portfolio
- Engaging with stakeholders to optimise their understanding and utilisation of the changes so that we realise the planned uplift in P3M capability and maturity. The person in this role needs to be able to engage in peer-to-peer conversations about each change
- Development and on-going management of the P3M Uplift project’s change and communications plan
- we would like the person to bring subject matter expertise and experience in PMO’s, methodologies and frameworks, PRINCE2, Agile and how projects operate as part of and within a portfolio.
- Participating in and facilitating awareness of change through our monthly P3M Community of Practice
- Identifying improvement opportunities and bringing these back to the P3M Uplift project for consideration
- Identification of issues and risks within the P3M Uplift project and across the project portfolio as a whole
- Supporting the PMO in the provision of hands-on coaching and guidance in the use of our P3M frameworks
- Contribute to the development of content within the P3M Uplift project.
- Needs to understand how a contemporary PMO operates, the value of methodologies and frameworks and the flow of information (work, cost, issues, risks, forecasts, actuals etc) from project to sub-portfolio to portfolio for management and reporting
- PMO and/ or project management qualifications (Waterfall/ Agile/ Hybrid)
- Strong stakeholder engagement, communication and alignment skills. Extensive experience in successfully implementing changes to the way of working and an excellent communicator
- Able to bring with them extensive experience and knowledge around core PMO/ project capability areas such as issue, risk, lessons, benefits, schedule and financial management etc
- Ideally experience from across all three dimensions of the P3M lifecycle from portfolio definition, delivery and benefits realisation
- Task, outcomes and quick-wins oriented. Pro-active and self-starter who can work within agreed boundaries with minimal day to day supervision
- Needs to be a doer and able to operate at a hands-on level
For more information and to discuss the role, please reach out to Caylen Sagala at Emanate Technology:
Phone: 0423 309 517