27 Jul Business Analyst
About the role
• Providing critical analytical support and feasibility assessment for the costing and appraisal of new investment in ICT and existing initiatives using robust analytic techniques applicable in business case development.
• Building strong working relationships with internal and external customers and other work teams to promote multidisciplinary collaboration and drive the delivery of quality and connected investment governance, appraisal and business analysis advisory services.
• Supporting capital planning processes including the identification, development and collection of new investment proposals and business cases from across HSQ as well as assessment and prioritisation processes to determine HSQ Digital and ICT funding priorities.
• Develop specifications that will articulate what the solution or system requirements are to manage business level requirements and produce clear, detailed scoping and design documentation.
• Ensure consultation with relevant stakeholders including staff and other departments/agencies throughout the planning and implementation of projects.
• Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Facilitate effective communication channels to promote the successful adoption of change within the business, and foster relationships through lessons learned, feedback mechanisms and management of expectations.
Mandatory qualifications / Professional registration / other requirements
This position requires:
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
Deliverables will be agreed with the Manager – Architecture, Design and Planning at commencement of engagement for the delivery of the project in accordance with eHealth Queensland standards and processes.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key requirements, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the key responsibilities described above under ‘”About the Role’, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
• Proven ability to effectively facilitate business process analysis which results in business solutions and well-defined user requirements that meet client needs.
• Demonstrated experience with business process modelling and improvement techniques as well as identify requirements, write specifications, manage and trace requirements, conduct investment analysis and work with vendors, enterprise architects and subject matter experts within a Digital and ICT context.
• High level of stakeholder engagement and communication skills, including the ability to prepare proposals, work packages and business cases to influence the decision making of senior staff.
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a diplomatic approach and the ability to liaise and relate to a wide range of stakeholders including senior and executive stakeholders.
• Motivated and proactive with the ability to manage and coordinate work within a multi-disciplinary team with limited supervision.
Please provide the following information to assess your suitability:
• Your current CV or resume;
• Cover letter or short statement (maximum 2 pages) that outlines how your experience, abilities, knowledge and skills are relevant to the role, taking into account the key responsibilities and attributes noted in the ‘How you will be assessed’ section.
Specific working conditions
• Reasonable travel as negotiated may be a requirement of this position.
• An open ‘C’ class driver’s licence is desirable.