06 Jul Graphic Designer
We are seeking experienced designer to provide graphic design, visual communication, and project management support to a strategic User Centred Design Team. Under the 2020–2023 ICT Strategy the team is responsible for establishing design traceability and capability and working closely with the broader Architecture, Design and Delivery Branch that enables the Digital Solutions Division to build the right things and then build things right.
This role will develop a wide variety of presentation visuals and infographics that help leaders and technical staff understand and adopt various strategies, benefits, and programs. As part of a motivated multi-disciplinary team and branch you will analyse complex information and data in order to visualise it in innovative ways, teasing out the narrative that effectively tells the user-centred story. InDesign, PowerPoint, and other software in a Microsoft environment will be used to communicate that story to a non-technical audience in print, online, multimedia and in events/presentations. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to significantly impact the Australian education, skills and employment ecosystem by enabling design improvements and features used by millions of people each year.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Distilling complex and/or technical written information into effective visual communication products (such as diagrams and infographics).
- Working as a member of a team to design materials for multiple channels, including print and online distribution to meet business objectives.
- Working collaboratively on projects, providing expert and timely creative advice to ensure high design standards across key projects.
- Ensuring materials for publishing comply with WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and Digital Transformation Agency recommendations.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally
- Appropriate management of time and workload
- Ensuring that any materials produced meet the requirements of the Department’s visual style guide and are consistent with the appropriate branding guidelines.
The ideal candidate will be able to showcase their work through a design portfolio and present a narrative that tells the visual story as to why they are the right person for the role.
If you are an Uatsralian Citizen with a strong background in design then apply today!