23 Jun Project Manager
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Job Type: Permanent
We bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our Government customers’ most complex problems – innovative, technically advanced and highly practical. For example, we deliver software applications for a wide range of missions in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance domain. We provide critical projects to the Department of Defence and also support the IT environment for the Federal Government. We also maintain legislative websites for a number of Government Departments.
We have multiple opportunities for Project Managers to join us and deliver new capability or capability upgrades to our Federal Government and Defence customers, with a focus on:
- ICT infrastructure;
- Complex System Integrations;
- SOE developmentWin 10 deployment ;
- Data centre refurbishments and enhancements;
You’ll be working in some of the most complex, multi-vendor tech environments, so no two projects will be the same. We promote internally and offer a varied career path, so if you’re seeking growth and challenge, you’ve come to the right place.
A true project delivery role, your focus is managing stakeholders and customer engagements, managing the project team and ensuring delivery against requirements. More specifically, it will include the following:
- With the support of technical and commercial staff manage and develop project proposals;
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes;
- Coordinate project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management;
- Ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost;
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions;
- Supervise and coordinate work performed by external contractors;
- Participate in budget development and evaluating how project plan changes impact cost and schedule;
- Manage the cost, schedule, resourcing, subcontractor deliverables and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs;
- Establish milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules.
About You and What You’ll Bring
You are a Project Manager with around 2-5 years delivery experience. You have knowledge of all the key project artefacts and are confident managing scope, schedule, budget and risk.
To be successful you must thrive in high tempo team environments. Your delivery experience has given you a strong relationship orientation and the ability to manage senior stakeholders, both internal and external. You must have exposure to working in a disciplined framework such as ITIL, PRINCE2 or PMBoK. Experience in developing proposals is highly valued.
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to hold a current baseline clearance.
What You’ll Love
- A flexible workplace culture
- Working in a global matrix team
- Working for a company who support internal career development and promotion!