17 Jun Head of Design
HEAD OF DESIGN
We are on the hunt for an enthusiastic, innovative Head of Design to take part in leading the creative team. The right candidate will be full of ideas and driven by an innate desire to deliver great outcomes for clients, whilst growing the design expertise and offering.
In addition to the right technical skills, the successful applicant for this role will thrive in an environment where they can lead, and mentor, other team members.
If you’re looking to join a team of specialists that are friendly, genuine, masters of their craft, and who value output over input, then read on!
As Head of Design, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the growth of the Design Studio by mentoring and upskilling the design team. You will work closely with other designers, engineers, analysts and agile delivery leads to design and build the best customer solutions, changing the world for the better, while being proud of your work.
The perfect candidate for this role has a background in UI/UX, workshop facilitation, and user-centred design or design-led thinking. We are looking for someone who is able to facilitate white-boarding sessions with cross-functional teams, work on medium to large-scale technology projects, has a strong design background, yet is still keen to learn new things.
You will join a diverse crew of creative designers, data analysts, data scientists, engineers, agile delivery coaches, and cloud technicians, that love to combine their technical skills to solve problems.
In this role you will
- Be one of the leaders in the Design Studio
- Lead teams in design thinking ideation for solutions or products
- Mentor and supervise junior designers
- Create prototypes, design concepts and other design artefacts
- Work with clients to understand their challenges and requirements, and ensure you deliver a solution that solves problems and brings value to the organisation
- Investigate new creative solutions to improve organisational practices
- Plan and facilitate workshops carrying out design-thinking-led problem solving and deriving insights
You will thrive in this role if you
- Have strong written and verbal English communication
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Understand project commercials and how consulting engagements work
- Are good at building credibility and trust with stakeholders
- Have previously worked on software projects
- Can effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Can collaborate effectively, not just with your immediate team, but with other people
- You understand modern software technologies and systems
- Understands that design is more than how it looks, but how it works.
- Understand the value of user testing.
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Coaching program
- Company wide employee assistance programs
- Whole of company events and team activities
- 23 days annual leave
- Day off on your birthday
Are you looking to join a high-performing, smart and fun team? Apply now!