20 Apr Front End Developer
Emanate Technology are proud to partner with Foster Moore to bring the role of Front End Designer to the market. Foster Moore is the technology provider for a key program led by the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”), this is not planned to be simply a technology refresh – it will be a transformation that encompasses legislative, technology, business process and organisational changes.
This is a career shaping opportunity for an experienced Front End Designer to bridge the gap between the product and client requirements. You will be responsible for implementing the overall and detailed experience of the client’s websites, online applications and mobile products and supporting the development of the user experience design and user interface.
- Work closely with the Product Design team to implement client requirements.
- Deliver the code with clean and robust HTML/CSS that reflects the visual design direction and works within the established technical framework.
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand UI/presentation layer requirements and project aims.
- Interpret and translate static design elements and UX requirements into functional and interactive user interfaces.
- Champion the design system for the client.
- Understand and evaluate potential browser/device incompatibilities and work to minimise these.
- Maintain patterns and graphic libraries.
- Undertake graphics manipulation and optimisation to allow for complex designs.
- Contribute to or improve product application user experience and behaviour.
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout our product interfaces.
- Supporting the UX Design function in the following activities: –
- Designing the user experience including information flow, interaction model and the user interface.
- Creation of deliverables including conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards, page/screen schematics/wireframes, content inventories, help and instructional copy – all of which conform to the organisation’s user experience guidelines.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a Front-End Development role
- Relevant tertiary qualification in technology or design disciplines (highly regarded)
- Knowledge of and competency in modern front-end JS technologies such as VueJS
- Knowledge of and competency in CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SCSS.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with design systems and knowledge with responsive design principles, usability and accessibility principles
- Experience with graphic applications e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch
Please note, we are accepting applications from Australian Citizens with an active Baseline Security Clearance OR those with the ability to obtain one.