08 Apr UX Designer
A UX Designer resource is required to engage with business areas to gather user requirements, design intuitive user interfaces, and bring them to life by working with other team members. The resource will work with the Digital Communication Manager and technical team leads to develop creative solutions across a broad range of products and services.
The UX Designer will be expected to develop a firm understanding of the holistic business current state and desired outcomes, working with Subject Matter Experts for domain expertise.
The UX Designer will also:
- Create user interface designs and interactive prototypes
- Develop wireframes and functional specifications
- Document user research findings and contribute to presenting concepts to business areas
- Promote a user centric point of view and demonstrate creativity in interaction design
- Support the team by sharing fresh ideas and solutions
- Look for opportunities for future development in UX and Interface Design
- Build on the existing Design System
This role will also need to liaise closely with senior Business and Technical roles to ensure all programs of work are aligning to the overall strategic direction for user experience.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer who thinks differently about the work they do, can visually present their ideas and can demonstrate a track record of delivering improvements to end users.
As the team’s UX Designer, you will engage with business areas to gather user requirements, design intuitive user interfaces, and bring them to life by working with other team members. You will work with the Digital Communication Manager and technical team leads to develop creative solutions across a broad range of products and services.
This work is critical to the overall success of the PPT project and will support and influence key outcomes.
The UX Designer will be expected to develop a firm understanding of the holistic business current state and desired outcomes, working with Subject Matter Experts for domain expertise. We are looking for someone with diverse experience and an advocate for end users.
Key position responsibilities
- Ideally you will have at least 5 years of UX professional practice in a similar role
- Proven experience with business analysis, design, and research and understanding of business/user/customer requirements and user testing/usability testing experience
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure, Adobe CC, Mockflow or other tools
- Experience in key areas of UX Design and its methodologies
- Understanding of the digital landscape, technologies, trends and key tools
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility and energy!
- 2+ years’ experience as a UX Designer, Service Designer or experience in Design/Strategy/Research
- Proven ability to deliver in a project and program environment under limited guidance
- Proven ability to identify and plan capability maturity improvements and business process improvements
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative parameters
- Experience in and desire to mentor and upskill less experienced team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks and Resource Management
- Experience in User Experience i.e., prototyping, wireframes, journey mapping
- Experience in Human-Centred Design methods and frameworks
- Experience in outcome-based analysis
- Baseline Clearance
If you are seeking your next long term contract, an Australian Citizen and Eager to work with a great team apply today!