14 Mar Cyber Security Advisor
Emanate Technology have exclusively partnered with a global consultancy making their way into the Australian Market.
A Principal Consultant advises clients on how to best use IT security products when attempting to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
The Principal Consultant will provide advice and recommendations, based on expertise and experience, to address client needs. The individual may deal with one specialist subject area or can be wide ranging and address strategic business issues. The individual will be expected to not only provide advice, but will be expected to lead any development, testing and deployment effort.
At this level (equivalent to Level 6/7 Consultancy Skills in the SFIA framework), the Principal Consultant takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. They will Identify, evaluate and recommend options, implementing if required. The individual collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. They seek to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited. They will be expected to lead by example and provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
Key Responsibilities:The responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
The tasks carried out vary depending on the nature of the project they are working on, but may include:
- Meeting with clients to determine requirements and defining project scope
- Clarifying a client’s system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business
- Deliver solutions architectures, HLDs and LLDs
- Leads Senior and Junior Consultants
- Travelling to customer sites
- Presenting solutions in written or oral reports
- Defining software, hardware and network requirements
- Designing, developing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems
- Planning timescales and the resources needed
- Helping clients with change-management activities
- Liaising with staff at all levels of a client organisation
- Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers
- Organising training for users and other consultants
- Identifying potential clients and building and maintaining contacts
- being involved in sales and support, and where appropriate, maintaining contact with Client organisations
- Mentoring other consultants and team leadership activities
- Be the primary “technical” contact for a variety of customers (likely smaller engagements)
Technical Skills & Experience:Role holders will be expected to have a mix of the following skills and experience:
- Operating Systems experience
- Shell Scripting
- Batch Scripting
- Working knowledge of at least three of the following tools (or competitor equivalents) and a conceptual understanding of the remainder:
- IBM Security Identity Governance & Intelligence
- IBM Security Identity Manager
- IBM Security Access Manager
- IBM Security Directory Server
- IBM Security Directory Integrator
- IBM QRadar
If this sounds like you, please reach out!