22 Apr Project Manager
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to work in the Strategy and Consulting team as part of one of the largest transformation technology projects in federal government.
The role will see you responsible for managing the agile delivery of the cyber security outcomes for the entire programme. You will be supported by a team of cyber security consultants to provide expert advice to programme executives and stakeholders. The role will include executive briefings, representing the cyber security team at whole-of-programme level, as well as normal project management activities, and driving project outcomes in this complex stakeholder environment.
We are looking for someone who wants to step into the next phase of their career, who has the confidence to converse with senior stakeholders and can hold their own, with the full support and backing of an organisation and team who are classified as subject matter experts in their field. Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe) and Scrum would be advantageous.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Lead the delivery and transition to support projects and engagements
- Ensure projects deliver stellar client experiences while meeting time, scope, and budget requirements
- Develop detailed project, program and transition plans, track progress and manage changes in scope, schedule and cost using the specified project management processes and tools
- Coordinate the activities of project teams, and manage and develop strong relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties/vendors.
- Perform risk management across projects and engagement to minimise project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including steering-level schedules, plans and reports. Where necessary and approved, utilise modified delivery processes and tools to meet complex client delivery and reporting requirements
- Measure project performance, and identify and recommend delivery and process improvements
- Work with your project team to identify further opportunities within the client and communicate these back to relevant personnel
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in business administration, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Technical Vendor certifications (Current or expired), preferred but not required
- Project Management Certifications (such as PMI (PMP), AIPM (Reg PM CPPM), Agile SAFE, Scrum Master or Practitioner, PRINCE2® Practitioner) is advantageous but not mandatory
- Proven record of successful implementation of complex projects and programs coupled with 2-3 years of successfully managing IT Project Teams
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills with an ability to build credibility both internally and externally at all levels
- Skilled in responding to setbacks in an agile and resilient manner and managing client expectations in difficult circumstances
- Baseline clearance required; we will sponsor NV1.
What’s in it for you?
- We specialise in strategy & policy to the federal government in Cyber, Cloud and Data and are willing to train you in Cyber skills.
- We can train you in Cyber, Agile or skills that you may perceive as ‘gaps’ and provide you with a great team experience.
- A high-performing, encouraging and supportive team who will give you the flexibility to do your best work.
- Collaboration and development opportunities with leading experts across CyberCX, the region’s leading cyber security services company.
- Once-in-a-career growth opportunities. This is a unique chance to be part of high-growth business
- Attractive salary and employee benefits package. Flexible working arrangements.