25 Oct Lead Software Engineer
About the Position
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our client’s team based in Adelaide. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in developing cutting-edge technologies, with a focus on software aspects across a range of projects. This role requires expertise in Realtime embedded systems, and software development for defense electronic systems or satellite payload applications.
Employment Type: Full-time
Hours of Work: 38 hours per week, worked flexibly between 8am and 6pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: Up to $140K + super
Reports To: Engineering Manager/ VP Engineering
Due to the nature of the work, applicants must be an Australian Citizen and hold NV1 security clearance.
- Be part of an emerging, world-leading deep-tech company with a strong pipeline of work in the Defence and Space sectors.
- Contribute to the development of our client’s cutting-edge technologies.
- Contribute to their satellite payload development program for launching optical clock and sensor technologies into low Earth orbit.
- Live, and benefit from, our client’s company values of “respect, excellence, and integrity.”
- Work in an energetic and vibrant workplace in the Lot Fourteen Innovation precinct located in the cultural center of the Adelaide CBD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions for existing and emerging hardware products.
- Prototype and test products with a software-hardware co-design approach.
- Implement bespoke communication algorithms for deployment in space and terrestrial hardware.
- Set, review, document, and report on product software requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting throughout product development and in-service support for deployed hardware systems.
- Model based design using MATLAB/SIMULINK or equivalent (Python, Octave)
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA toolchain: Vivado, Vitis, and Vitis HLS, or MicroSemi (Microchip) SmartHLS Compiler and Libero SoC Design Suite
- HDL familiarity, VHDL or Verilog
- Languages: C/C++, Python
- First implementation on Arm or RISCV
- Expert in high-speed sampled data systems
- Implementation of DSP algorithms, Finite Impulse Response Filters (FIR), Infinite Impulse Response Filters (FIR), Numerically Controlled Oscillators (NCO), IQ modulators, and demodulators. PID Controllers.
- High-Speed Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) and Digital to Analog Converter (DAC), SRAM, DRAM, and Flash Interfacing.
- Australian Citizen and has or can obtain a Defence Security Clearance
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant coding experience.
- Has developed FPGA/DSP products from concept to production
- Demonstrated experience working with COTS (Commercial-off-the-shelf) microprocessors, ARM processors, and PLC control systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of embedded software with 3rd party hardware APIs
- Experience in the quality aspect of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in real-time embedded systems in space or defense applications.
- Experience in digital and hybrid feedback control systems.
- Demonstrated skills in advanced mathematics and numeracy.
- Familiarity with the implementation of mesh-networking protocols.
- Experience in the development of resilient diagnostic systems for remote assets.
- Familiarity with applying machine learning techniques for complex data analysis.
- Experience in simulating physical systems.
- A hunger to learn, grow and take responsibility for new techniques and methods.
- The ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in close collaboration with engineers, scientists, and customers.
- Achieving High-performance: results-oriented, accepts accountability, and can be relied upon.
- Working Together: being an effective team member to develop open, honest and supportive relationships
- Developing Others: works well to inspire, engage and empower others