18 Jan Embedded Software Test Engineer
Embedded Software Test Engineer
Adelaide | Permanend
Up to $110k + super
About the Organization:
Our client is a leader in the vehicle technology and innovation market, offering comprehensive technology solutions, encompassing hardware platforms as well as car and infrastructure software systems.
About the Role:
The Embedded SOftware Test Engineer role at our client’s company is critical for the design and development of their innovative products. This position entails the development and testing of specific software modules tailored for the ITS market, along with maintaining the production test platform for both new and existing products. The candidate will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with some of the industry’s leading engineers in cooperative and driverless car technology.
- Developing and executing test procedures to ensure product quality and reliability.
- Implementing updated software/firmware in production.
- Maintaining and managing the production database.
- Analyzing production test data and compiling reports.
- Establishing test processes and conducting functional test yield monitoring with necessary corrective actions.
- Performing quality assurance tests and internal software regression testing.
- Providing support to manufacturing operations.
- Familiarity with applications, network layer, and medium access control protocols specific to Cooperative ITS wireless networks.
- Background in wireless ad-hoc networking and C coding.
- Experience in wireless protocol stack development and MAC development, such as 802.11.
- Knowledge of RF architecture, propagation, and impairments.
- Skills in system administration and scripting.
- Proficiency in communication and reporting.
Experience / Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a testing engineering role.
- Proven capabilities in teamwork, effective communication, and outcome-focused approaches
- A deep interest in embedded Linux software, wireless communication, and RF technologies
- A commitment to contributing to the company’s technical growth.
Education / Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience.