24 Jun Data Engineer
Data Engineer (AWS)
Permanent – Brisbane – Hybrid WFH
Emanate Technology is proud to be working with an Australian-born technology company that’s focused on architecting, building & operating cloud-native applications, data streams, platforms and services.
The company provides solutions that are centred around AWS and best-of-breed technology. From a stand-still start in 2014, they’ve grown to over 500 people in just eight years across Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Singapore and now Denver.
With a diversified offering in professional services, managed services and products, they are poised for significant growth in 2022.
They are the Australian AWS Consulting Partner of the Year, for the 3rd time, and recently became a Snowflake and Talend Partner.
This company believes in bringing craftsmanship back to technology because as technology artisans, they passionately care about the quality outcomes they leave behind.
They already have some of the best techs in Australia and due to client demand, they’re now on the hunt for experienced Data Engineers to come on board.
As their Data Engineer you will help deliver scalable, automated, repeatable ‘big data’ and analytic patterns within the AWS stack. Their ideal Data Engineer understands both data pipeline development, operations and management as well as delivery of automated data solutions that are ready for production operations.
- From a development or operations background (or an existing DataOps Team)
- Understanding what getting something “done done” looks like (documentation, testing, operational requirements, continuous improvement of process)
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Knowledge of relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Extensive experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, NiFi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud data services: EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue
- Previous exposure to stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: SQL, Python, PySpark, Scala, etc
No cool cliques, just motivated passionate humans generating ideas and devising solutions in a creative, collaborative workspace. They’re building a team and looking for people who can think outside the square and deliver what others might consider impossible.
They truly embrace the notion of family and enjoy working together to achieve outstanding success.
What they offer
- Competitive salary package
- Working in a flexible, outcome-driven environment. Outside of client obligations, you can work from the office or home as needed. Also, leave the suit and tie behind and put on a T-shirt instead.
- Weekly internal tech talks; all streamed and recorded so those who can’t make it to the office can still participate. For those who do make it, there’s pizza, beer, wine and soft drinks on tap
- Regular social events, meetups and guest speakers organised and facilitated by our team
- A supportive family culture – If you need help, just ask
- Celebration of the wins – big or small, because we know how hard you work.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, submit your application using the “Apply” link above! Or for a confidential chat, please contact Jimmy Downey on 0481 153 606 or email@example.com.