17 Jun Content Writer
Our key client is seeking multiple content writers to help us design and deliver revolutionary new experiences and improved outcomes for job seekers, providers and employers as part of the New Employment Services Model. This will be in the context of a number of other major content initiatives taking place across the department which you will need to understand and work in collaboration with.
Seeking a content writer who is skilled at translating complex information and transforming it into plain English – including removal of unnecessary jargon and content—to enhance the user experience. Content will be delivered in a number of formats including but not limited to web, notifications, knowledge base and virtual assistant. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary agile team with other content writers, a product owner, IT delivery and user experience (UX) involvement.
The successful candidate will work embedded within the team to deliver content outcomes prioritised by a product owner. At times, you may be asked to work with stakeholders or subject matter experts to co-write content.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives.
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
• The DTA Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard
• Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices
• Content design best practices
The Position Is responsible for:
• Writing plain-English content for digital platforms and notification messages
• Helping departmental business areas improve content by providing advice on readability, accessibility and writing in plain English
• Liaising between IT teams and policy teams to produce content that is fit-for-purpose
• Understanding complex user journeys and translating them in simple, everyday terms
• Attending planning meetings (stands-ups, showcases) and delivering content at very short notice
• Working well within the Customer Experience Platform team to deliver key goals and meet long-term strategy objectives
• Other administrative and writing tasks as directed
Location of work
Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract
ASAP – 30 July 2022
Option of extension periods 2 x12 months. Subject to funds availability and delegate approval