18 Jan Computer Operator
About the Role:
- Work as a member of the System Operations team in a 24*7 shiftwork onsite environment. Responsible for run monitor service across infrastructure and batch processing. Efficiently control and support recovery of all issues across platforms, system infrastructure, network, and batch / application processing to meet service level requirements for a broad client base across geographies.
- Run Monitor service is an ongoing activity throughout the life of the contract that continuously monitors the availability and health of the customer’s IT hardware, network resources, and application (which may include systems, sub-systems, online application availability/transaction processing and batch processing). Most components run software agents that allow them to send alerts when they recognize incidents or potential incidents that may be referred to as events. When the alerts are received, the software can react to the alerts or events by taking one or more actions, including:
- Computer Operator notification
- Event logging
- Automatic recovery
- Automated escalation
Operating experience on Mainframe and/or major brand Midrange systems in a large enterprise size site for a minimum of 2-3year period. Proficiency in managing both systems infrastructure and batch processing issues.
- Experience in the following tools & products preferred: z/OS, JES2, MVS, JCL, OPSMVS, Tivoli Automation (Sysview),TSO/SDSF, DFHSM, MIM, DB2, IMS, CICS, GRS/SYSPLEX, Tape hardware & software, OMEGAMON, VTAM, CLIST, REXX, SQL, PL/I, VPS, XCOM, Connect Direct, MFT, NFTP, HMC, JES3, OPSMVS, TWS/iWS, CA-7, ControlM EM/GUI, ControlM IOA, Control O/R/D, RACF, ACF2, ServiceNOW, Microsoft Office 365 Tools,
- Prompt resolution and/or support and stakeholder escalation in response to alerts from monitoring tools and pro-active monitoring.
- 24*7 Run Monitor Operations across platforms for in-scope client services.
- Implementation/backout of Change related activities.
- Run monitor Support for Disaster Recovery Testing and Failovers.
- Maintain and operate effective and efficient operational procedures, ensuring that all ICT services and components meet their operational targets and requirements.
- Create and maintain Operations work instructions. Ensure all in-scope operator tasks are documented and the latest versions.
- Support and follow incident, problem and change management processes as directed by both and client requirements. Ensuring all operator updates are accurate and complete.
- Undertake ongoing technical and soft-skills education as required including any mandatory and client courses.
- Identify and Support continuous improvement activities using frameworks and principals from AGILE and LEAN.
- Support Operations management in all activities pertaining to development and implementation of cost-effective delivery strategies.
- Consult and support other teams including client teams as requested.
- Confirm that all the operational requirements of other ICT and Service Management processes and service flows are satisfied and to assist them in delivering operational services that meet their agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets and Service Level Objective (SLO) targets.
- Deliver operational services (systems, batch, network, and online business applications) according to contractual commitments.
- Initiate the work items in the Short-Term Operational Schedule
- Continuously monitor operations for events and action as per documented work instructions and procedures
- Control logical access to IT resources to prevent unauthorized access.
- Verify audit compliance throughout the Service Flow lifecycle.
NV1 is required due to the role requirements. – If this sounds like the next role for you APPLY NOW!