13 Oct Software Team Lead
About the role:
As a Software Team Lead, you will play a vital role in guiding software development team in the creation of combat software solutions. Your responsibilities will range from translating requirements into compliant designs to providing technical leadership and ensuring timely project delivery.
- Translate requirements into compliant software design, ensuring alignment with project goals.
- Lead and guide the software development team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Discuss and collaborate with stakeholders to define scope, design, and implementation strategy.
- Estimate and monitor software development progress, making adjustments as needed.
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality software within scope and budget.
- Effectively address System Performance Reports (SPRs) and tickets allocated to the team.
- Be responsible for the delivery of the combat software to the agreed scope, quality and cost.
- Provide coaching, technical leadership, and guidance to team members.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Execute software engineering tasks to support project success.
- Actively manage team members’ performance and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate compliance with legislation and company policies.
- Prepare and deliver induction program content and other training as required.
- Apply demonstrated experience in software development or team leadership in a software development environment.
- Hold tertiary qualifications in systems engineering, computer science, or a related defence experience.
- Leverage experience in the development of large software projects.
- Apply a demonstrated understanding of the lifecycle of large software development projects.
- Utilise experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Demonstrate experience in the interpretation and application of software standards.
- Leverage familiarity with the products, development environment, and tools used in software development.
- Apply an understanding of the full software engineering lifecycle.
- Apply demonstrated software scheduling and planning skills.
- Leverage experience in Agile methods in a software team.
- Apply experience in the verification and acceptance testing of a software-intensive system.
- Apply an understanding of the full systems engineering lifecycle.
- Leverage well-developed communication skills (both written and oral).
- Apply good problem-solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of technology and technology trends.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please get in contact or click APPLY! This role is actively recruiting so don’t hesitate to apply. firstname.lastname@example.org OR 0431-495-421