10 Oct Lead Android Developer
Mobile Lead – Android
Location – Melbourne with flexible working arrangements
About the company and the role:
Work for one of Australia’s leading subscription based companies leading as the Mobile Lead, specialising in Android development your role is to mentor and lead the developers but also be hands on when required.
- Lead Android development practices and mentor juniors.
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop, test and problem solve.
- Maintain application delivery process and support the application life-cycle.
- Develop APIs for mobile functionality.
- Translate user requirements to technical solutions.
- Utilise Agile methodologies.
- Understand UX/UI design to improve user experience and write unit/UI tests.
- Ensure code quality and sustainability.
- Kotlin, Coroutines, Jetpack Compose.
- Android SDKs, libraries.
- Restful APIs.
- Security concepts.
- Tertiary IT qualification or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 5+ years architecture/design experience.
- Experience leading and managing engineers in a mobile environment.
- Agile/Scrum framework expertise.
- Full development life cycle experience.
- Design pattern understanding.
- DevOps tools and version control expertise such as Atlassian, bitbucket, JIRA, Confuence, and GIT.
- CI/CD knowledge.
- SQL and NoSQL database proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication both with stakeholders and within a team.
- Managed and mentored colleagues and have a strong technical background with developing in Mobile Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to balance technical leadership and hands-on development when required.
If this sounds like you or someone you know that is an experienced Android Developer or looking to take the next step in your career with a passion for Mobile development and a desire to contribute to this rapidly growing business, we encourage you to apply.
Please APPLY directly or contact me at email@example.com